Saturday, January 21, 2017

Poison Ivy sketches.

I've been dealing with some mental health stuff and a cold, so I haven't gotten much further along with website or other plans. I've also used up my post buffer. I'm gonna rectify that shortly, but for now I am excite to share some Poison Ivy sketches I've done recently. This character is a natural fit for doing Celtic art with because of all the vines. Also probably my all-time fav of Batman's rogues gallery.



I love exploring the totally mundane with fantastic characters. I was pondering how this character is sometimes depicted as driving a car - but that seems out of place to me for a super eco-terrorist. So...pedi cabs! Yay!

I really enjoy trying to draw this particular hairstyle, but it just doesn't seem to turn out. And with the calligraphy pen, it ended up looking like Poison Ivy is wearing some kind of bump-it. But sure, why not rock that? :D



This was a quick, fun sketch. I was working on poses and faces, and thought this one would be great for Ivy. Opted to add a littke goth flair to the 90s "Batman:The Animated Series" costume design. 

I plan on continuing to post lots of Ivy sketches on Tumblr and Deviant Art, but I think I'll reserve posts about it here for when I can sift through & get the good stuff - or if I just don't have anything else. I've also found myself just getting excited about superhero and super villains in general, so maybe expect to see more of that? 

I don't know for sure. But I do know that now is a great time to dive deep into what we love and swim around.

No comments:

Post a Comment